Since its founding four decades ago by three sisters and families who dreamed of honoring their mother and her collections, the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum in Wausau, Wisconsin, has been committed to enhancing lives through art and educational programs. As an art-in-nature-focused museum that is certified “Travel Green” by the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, the Woodson also strives to be a model of sustainability.
Deepening its commitment to environmental stewardship, the Woodson recently installed GE’s energy-efficient Infusion™ LED modules throughout a newly constructed gallery, saving 30 watts of energy per fixture and bathing the artworks on view in crisp, white light.
“Although we were skeptical at first of LED lighting solutions because of initial cost, we’re now so pleased with the color and the clean, white light in our new gallery that we’re looking to retrofit all of the galleries with LED,” said Andrew McGivern, curator of exhibitions at the Woodson Art Museum.
Working with Specialty Lighting Sales of Wisconsin, Inc. (Milwaukee, Wis.), the museum tested a variety of bulbs and fixtures, eventually ordering GE’s LED modules. GE’s Infusion LED lighting maintains consistent color quality from module to module and is available in a wide range of lumen packages to meet various lighting needs.As a nonprofit art museum committed to free admission, the Woodson is always looking for ways to improve its bottom line. Utilizing GE’s Infusion LED module instead of the traditional 50-watt halogen MR16 lamps saves the Woodson approximately 30 watts of energy per fixture as well as lowers the cooling load of its HVAC system, contributing to both direct and indirect energy savings. Additionally, GE’s Infusion modules’ twist-fit installation combined with a common base design reduces the Woodson’s operational costs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV