On a continuous basis, European regulators demonstrate they are like mosquitoes. They're small, insignificant bloodsuckers, but annoying as hell.
Today's latest annoyance comes from France. France is now threatening Google with fines because of the search engine's intelligent use of interaction data.
Privacy issues are nothing new; however, I find it astonishing that the focus and attention is usually on companies and not the government.For years, I've watched groups voice their opposition to corporate data mining, and yet, until the recent NSA exposure, we almost never hear a peep about government's big brother activities. (MSFT) Bing and Yahoo! (YHOO) are set up to collect data too, although Google is much better at the entire process.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV