SPDR S&P 500 ETF
First up is the most investible proxy for the broad market itself: the SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY). Since November, the S&P has been in a textbook channel rally -- and SPY has been bouncing higher right alongside it. Despite the investor anxiety that's been plaguing the broad market, stocks have been propelled higher by structural forces, including the moved made over at the Fed.
But from a trading standpoint, those causes are a whole lot less important than the effect: a supremely tradable market.You don't have to be an expert technical analyst to figure out what's going on in SPY. The trend channel has done a stellar job of describing this ETF's price action all the way up. I've said before that we're in a "buy-the-dips market." Well, we saw a dip this week. Who's buying? The 50-day moving average has acted as a critical support level for this rally. If it gets violated, we've got an intermediate short signal in SPY. Until then, keep on buying those dips.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV