BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- Yesterday's Fed meeting was a more hotly anticipated event than last year's Spider-Man remake. But like the movie, Bernanke's statement was just a carbon copy of what we'd already seen. The market at least provided some excitement in the minutes that followed.
Just like nothing has changed with the Fed's stance on stimulus, nothing much has changed with stocks either. The big indices remain in rally mode in spite off yesterday's hiccups. And that fact is creating opportunities for traders right now.
After all, if we're supposed to expect more of the same, then the rally that's propelled the S&P 500 15% higher in 2013 is worth getting another helping of. To take full advantage, we're focusing in on five new technical trades heating up in five huge stocks.If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. >>5 Rocket Stocks Worth Buying This Week Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at five high-volume stocks to trade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV