In preparation for the first potential summer heat wave in the Philadelphia area, PECO will donate 500 fans to seniors across the region to help them manage the heat and stay safe this summer.
At 10 a.m. on Friday, June 21 at PECO’s loading dock at 2301 Market Street, PECO’s Energy for the Community volunteers will load five vehicles with 100 fans each for distribution in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties. Members of the media can enter the loading dock from 23
On Friday, fans will be distributed to the following locations between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Seniors should contact the location in their area in advance to make arrangements.
- BUCKS COUNTY – Bucks County Area Agency on Aging (Bristol Township Senior Center)2501 Bath Road, Bristol, 215-785-6322
- CHESTER COUNTY – Chester County Department of Aging Services601 Westtown Road, West Chester, 610-344-6350
- DELAWARE COUNTY – Delaware County Office of Services for the Aging206 Eddystone Avenue, 2 nd Floor, Eddystone, 610-490-1300/1-800-416-4504
- MONTGOMERY COUNTY – Senior Adult Activities Center of Montgomery County536 George Street, Norristown, 610-275-1960
- PHILADELPHIA COUNTY – Philadelphia Corporation for Aging*645 N. Broad Street, Philadelphia, 215-765-9040*PCA distributes fans to seniors who have gone through a thorough assessment process to determine their need.
All customers can stay safe and cool while managing their energy costs by using less energy. As temperatures rise outside, PECO offers these suggestions for keeping your home cool and your energy bill down:
- Turn off unnecessary lights.
- Close blinds, shades and drapes to reduce the amount of sunlight entering your home.
- Use room fans, ceiling fans, and attic and whole-house fans to circulate air.
- Avoid using home appliances like dishwashers and clothes dryers during peak daylight hours. These appliances generate heat and add humidity to homes. Use these appliances during the early morning or late evening when it is generally cooler.
- Keep your thermostat set at a constant comfortable level.
For more ways to save energy and money, visit
or call 1-888-5-PECO-SAVE (1-888-573-2672).
Based in Philadelphia, PECO is an electric and natural gas utility subsidiary of Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC). PECO serves 1.6 million electric and 494,000 natural gas customers in southeastern Pennsylvania and employs about 2,400 people in the region. PECO delivered 82.1 billion cubic feet of natural gas and 38.1 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity in 2011. Founded in 1881, PECO is one of the Greater Philadelphia Region's most active corporate citizens, providing leadership, volunteer and financial support to numerous arts and culture, education, environmental, economic development and community programs and organizations.