Living in a Van to Pay Off Student Debt
After graduating from Duke, Ilgunas embarked on another adventure and walked the length of the proposed Keystone XL pipeline, which is 1,700 miles from Alberta, Canada to Texas.
Ilgunas found inspiration and courage from several authors, especially travel narratives such as Peter Jenkins's A Walk Across America, which shares the story about a young man going on an adventure.
"I've really benefited from authors who've shared their stories," he said. "I think we need memoirists - people who are willing to share their lives in an uncensored way. When we see someone else's soul, we see a bit of our own."
Ilgunas, who is now living in Stokes County, North Carolina as an adventurer and writer, is writing a book about his hike, tentatively titled Trespassing across America."I'm not at all opposed to making money," he said. "Without money I wouldn't have independence. But, I am in no hurry to buy a new car or home. I like being able to move around a lot, and I can't do that when my home is fastened to the ground."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV