Phillips 66 (NYSE: PSX), an energy manufacturing and logistics company, is partnering with Olympic swimmer Cullen Jones. Jones will represent the company at the annual USA Swimming Foundation’s Make a Splash Tour with Cullen Jones, presented by Phillips 66. Phillips 66 and Jones are also releasing a new television commercial, spotlighting their efforts to raise awareness about drowning prevention. The spot will debut next week during NBC-TV’s multi-platform coverage of the Phillips 66 National Championships, which begins June 25 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
"Phillips 66 is thrilled to officially welcome Cullen Jones to our family," said Greg Garland, chairman and CEO of Phillips 66. "We’ve had the privilege of working with Cullen since 2009 and he’s been a terrific ambassador for the USA Swimming Foundation’s Make a Splash initiative."
Jones is a two-time Olympian with four career Olympic medals, including two gold. In 2006, he became the first African-American male to hold a world record in swimming and two years later, Jones became the second African-American male to make a U.S. Olympic swim team. At the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, he won a gold medal in the 4×100-meter freestyle relay in world record time. In 2009, he set the American record in the 50-meter freestyle at the Phillips 66 National Championships. At the 2012 Olympic Games in London, Jones added to his career medal count with three more, including a silver medal in the 50-meter freestyle.
"Being a part of the Phillips 66 family means so much to me,” said Jones. “Their commitment to water safety and drowning prevention aligns with my life’s work of saving the lives of children in the United States.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV