Today, Planar Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLNR), a global leader in digital display technology, in cooperation with the American Institute of Architects (AIA), announced it has launched a new continuing education credit class entitled Designing Media Walls: Imagery, Video and Information on Digital Canvases. Planar recently became an AIA Cornerstone Partner, and will offer the Continuing Education System (CES) class to AIA’s nearly 80,000 members.
The free class, which was created for architects and interior designers, offers a primer on video wall technology. Specifically, participants will learn:
- Function and components of a video wall system
- Detailed technical specifications of a video wall
- Key design considerations for assembling a complete video wall solution
- New trends and innovative uses of video walls
Planar video walls are installed worldwide in airports, museums, sports venues, hospitals, universities and retail showrooms. Planar tiled LCD technology is preferred for its off-board electronics design which reduces weight, heat, points of failure, and mounted depth, allowing for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
“Increasingly, architects and designers are incorporating technologically advanced designs into their corporate, healthcare, hospitality, retail and residential building projects,” said Jennifer Davis, vice president of marketing at Planar Systems. “Being an AIA Cornerstone Partner and offering AIA CES credit sessions is an important part of our commitment to the architectural industry and design community.”Participants taking Planar’s Designing Media Walls session will earn one learning unit of credit with health, safety and welfare (HSW). AIA architect members are required to complete 18 hours of continuing education per year for membership renewal, and CES credits help architects in many states meet their state licensing board’s mandatory continuing education (MCE) requirements. Planar initially will offer the class by appointment at architectural firms throughout the United States. Over time, the course will be made generally available through Planar reseller offices, AIA local chapter offices and as a webinar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV