June 20, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Liberte yogurt and
, head pastry chef at Hilton Cincinnati's Orchids at Palm Court and Bravo's
Top Chef: Just Desserts
"cheftestant," are partnering to introduce Liberte yogurt to Cincinnatians in a creative way. Ketover is developing a variety of unique dessert pairings using Liberte yogurt and other local flavors. Chef Ketover's innovative style and skill complement Liberte's dedication to crafting delicious yogurt with simple and quality ingredients.
Liberte uses a blend of cultures to create two smooth, creamy
and several delicious flavors. Mediterranee is Liberte's signature, whole-milk yogurt available in seven delectable flavors.
is a fat-free delight with a clean, fresh-dairy taste and offers six flavors to sample.
"The art of pastry is all about technique and having an appreciation for the method behind making a quality dessert," said Chef Ketover. "The pairings I am creating with Liberte are a fun twist on classic food that taste as good as they look! The yogurt really helps create the perfect balance of flavor and texture."
Liberte yogurt has a legacy of artisanship and a history as rich as its yogurt. Liberte began in
, started by the Kaporovsky family in 1936, and has since made its way to the U.S., gaining acceptance and recognition from yogurt lovers and foodies from coast to coast. Recently introduced to the
area, Liberte continues to stay true to its roots of excellence and distinction, producing a delicious yogurt with simple ingredients, notable flavors and a clean, pure finish.
"Liberte is dedicated to quality products and innovation," says
, associate marketing manager for Liberte. "We're thrilled
is taking Liberte to a new level with her delicious pastry pairings."
Liberte Pairings Created By Chef Megan Ketover
Dark Chocolate Candied Almond Crunch served with Liberte Mediterranee Coconut Yogurt
Yield: Enough crunch to serve with 4 portion cups of Liberte Mediterranee Coconut yogurt
1/2 cup egg whites1/2 cup granulated sugarDash of nutmeg, ground1/2 tsp sea salt2 cup almonds, sliced1 cup dark chocolate, chopped or chunks (about 6 oz)1/3 cup cocoa powderOptional: fresh cherries or raspberries to garnish
Blueberry-Lavender Pound Cake featuring Liberte Greek Blueberry Yogurt
Yield: 1 loaf pan (8" x 4")
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Whip together egg whites and sugar until combined.
- Add in nutmeg and sea salt and almonds and toss to combine.
- Spread almond mixture evenly onto parchment or nonstick baking mat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until almonds are light golden brown and coated in caramelized sugar. Edges will cook faster than the center, so the stirring helps to redistribute the candied almonds to cook more evenly.
- Remove from oven and allow the mixture to cool slightly, stirring occasionally to ensure the almonds do not stick together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly melt the dark chocolate over a barely simmering water bath, stirring occasionally so the chocolate does not get too hot.
- When chocolate is melted, drizzle over candied almonds and stir to combine.
- Allow mixture to cool completely, stirring
occasionally to thoroughly coat the almonds. Sift cocoa powder over chocolate-coated almonds and toss or stir to combine.
- Serve with Liberte Mediterranee Coconut yogurt. Crunch can be stored at room temperature.
4 3/4 cup brown sugar2 cups all-purpose flour1 vanilla bean pod, seeds scraped1 1/2 TBSP dried lavender, ground2 tsp baking powder3/4 tsp salt3 eggs1/4 cup canola oil1 portion cup Liberte Greek Blueberry yogurt1 portion cup Liberte Greek Blueberry yogurt, reserved for swirl on top1/2 cup fresh blueberries, reserved for top of cake