MINNEAPOLIS, June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Liberte yogurt and Megan Ketover, head pastry chef at Hilton Cincinnati's Orchids at Palm Court and Bravo's Top Chef: Just Desserts "cheftestant," are partnering to introduce Liberte yogurt to Cincinnatians in a creative way. Ketover is developing a variety of unique dessert pairings using Liberte yogurt and other local flavors. Chef Ketover's innovative style and skill complement Liberte's dedication to crafting delicious yogurt with simple and quality ingredients.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910-a) (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910-b) (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910-c)(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130620/NY34910LOGO-d)
Liberte uses a blend of cultures to create two smooth, creamy varieties and several delicious flavors. Mediterranee is Liberte's signature, whole-milk yogurt available in seven delectable flavors. Liberte Greek is a fat-free delight with a clean, fresh-dairy taste and offers six flavors to sample.
"The art of pastry is all about technique and having an appreciation for the method behind making a quality dessert," said Chef Ketover. "The pairings I am creating with Liberte are a fun twist on classic food that taste as good as they look! The yogurt really helps create the perfect balance of flavor and texture."Liberte yogurt has a legacy of artisanship and a history as rich as its yogurt. Liberte began in Montreal, started by the Kaporovsky family in 1936, and has since made its way to the U.S., gaining acceptance and recognition from yogurt lovers and foodies from coast to coast. Recently introduced to the Cincinnati area, Liberte continues to stay true to its roots of excellence and distinction, producing a delicious yogurt with simple ingredients, notable flavors and a clean, pure finish. "Liberte is dedicated to quality products and innovation," says Maggie Watson, associate marketing manager for Liberte. "We're thrilled Megan Ketover is taking Liberte to a new level with her delicious pastry pairings." Liberte Pairings Created By Chef Megan Ketover Dark Chocolate Candied Almond Crunch served with Liberte Mediterranee Coconut Yogurt Yield: Enough crunch to serve with 4 portion cups of Liberte Mediterranee Coconut yogurt Ingredients: 1/2 cup egg whites1/2 cup granulated sugarDash of nutmeg, ground1/2 tsp sea salt2 cup almonds, sliced1 cup dark chocolate, chopped or chunks (about 6 oz)1/3 cup cocoa powderOptional: fresh cherries or raspberries to garnish Instructions :
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Whip together egg whites and sugar until combined.
- Add in nutmeg and sea salt and almonds and toss to combine.
- Spread almond mixture evenly onto parchment or nonstick baking mat-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until almonds are light golden brown and coated in caramelized sugar. Edges will cook faster than the center, so the stirring helps to redistribute the candied almonds to cook more evenly.
- Remove from oven and allow the mixture to cool slightly, stirring occasionally to ensure the almonds do not stick together. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly melt the dark chocolate over a barely simmering water bath, stirring occasionally so the chocolate does not get too hot.
- When chocolate is melted, drizzle over candied almonds and stir to combine.
- Allow mixture to cool completely, stirring occasionally to thoroughly coat the almonds. Sift cocoa powder over chocolate-coated almonds and toss or stir to combine.
- Serve with Liberte Mediterranee Coconut yogurt. Crunch can be stored at room temperature.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV