Tutor Perini Corporation (NYSE: TPC), a leading civil and building construction company, today announced that it has executed a contract with the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) valued at approximately $840 million for the Third Street Light Rail Program Phase 2 – Central Subway Stations, Surface, Track and Systems. The SFMTA has also issued its notice to proceed and the Company has begun its initial work on the project.
The scope of work for the project includes construction of three underground subway stations located at Union Square/Market Street, Chinatown, and Yerba Buena Gardens/Moscone Center, a platform station at 4 th and Brannan Streets, and trackwork and systems from the 4 th and Brannan Station to the Chinatown Station. Substantial completion is expected in the second quarter of 2018.
The project is being managed by Tutor Perini’s Civil Group, with several of the Company’s civil and specialty subsidiaries contributing significantly to the project, including Frontier-Kemper Constructors, Becho, Desert Mechanical, Fisk Electric, and Superior Gunite.
The contract value will be included as part of the Company’s reported second quarter backlog.About Tutor Perini Corporation Tutor Perini Corporation is a leading civil and building construction company offering diversified general contracting and design-build services to private clients and public agencies throughout the world. We have provided construction services since 1894 and have established a strong reputation within our markets by executing large complex projects on time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV