NEW YORK, June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, said today it is among the first to introduce a mobile application that enables shares of exchange-traded funds (ETFs) to be created and redeemed on an iPad.
The app was designed to improve the efficiency of authorized participants, which are financial institutions that play a key role in the trading of ETFs.
"As a leading provider of ETF services, BNY Mellon strives to meet the needs of all constituents in the ETF marketplace," said Joseph F. Keenan, managing director for BNY Mellon Asset Servicing and head of its global ETF services business. "This particular app was designed primarily to address the needs of the authorized participants, although it also provides information to other constituents in the ETF marketplace such as sponsors. Improving the efficiency of authorized participants can help increase the assets flowing into ETFs, which ultimately benefits the ETF sponsors, which are our clients."
Providing authorized participants with the ability to create and redeem ETF shares with an iPad increases the flexibility of the individuals who implement these processes, Keenan said. "They no longer are tied to laptop or desktop computers and can carry out these functions from more remote locations," he added.Among the features provided by the new app are the ability to:
- Approve, reject or cancel orders;
- View order details; and
- View the order list for a specific day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV