EXTON, Pa., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, representatives from West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (NYSE: WST), will celebrate the company's 90 th anniversary by ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange. The closing ceremony at the stock exchange commemorates West's long history of working side-by-side with top pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies around the globe to solve the challenges of delivering life-changing therapies safely and effectively to patients.
"As we commemorate our company's 90 th year of serving healthcare markets, we look back with pride on the role West has played helping deliver drugs safely to patients around the world," said Donald E. Morel, Jr., Ph.D., Chairman and CEO. "West has been listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1980 and we are honored to participate in the closing ceremony."
Since West's founding in 1923 by Herman O. West, collaboration and innovation have been in the company's DNA. West works with its customers to understand their products, processes, quality and regulatory requirements in order to design and produce standard-setting components and innovative safety and administrative delivery systems. As a result, roughly 100 million West components are used each day in homes, hospitals and other healthcare settings around the world.West recently completed construction on a new, state-of-the-art headquarters facility in Exton, Pa., has completed its second facility in China and is building its first facility in India. In addition to the company's dedication to life-saving therapies, West has made active philanthropy a corporate priority. Each year, West employees donate time and money for charities around the world with an emphasis on organizations dedicated to caring for children in the communities where West employees live and work.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV