HAYWARD, Calif., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Solta Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: SLTM), the global market leader in aesthetic skin treatments, today announced it has received a new FDA 510(k) clearance of its Fraxel® DUAL 1550/1927 laser system for the treatment of pigmented lesions such as, but not limited to lentigos (age spots), solar lentigos (sun spots) and ephelides (freckles).
"The Fraxel DUAL 1550/1927 provides patients superior anti-aging results, specifically when treating pigmentation of the skin caused by sun exposure," said Roy G. Geronemus, MD, director of the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York and clinical professor of dermatology at New York University Medical Center. "The additional FDA clearance for Fraxel DUAL is a breakthrough in the treatment, improvement, and correction of undesired skin pigmentation. With the 1927 nm wavelength, patients can see significant results with very little downtime."
In addition to the treatment of pigmented lesions, the Fraxel DUAL system is indicated for use in dermatological procedures requiring the coagulation of soft tissue, as well as for skin resurfacing procedures. Specific additional indications include actinic keratosis (AKs), melasma, treatment of periorbital wrinkles, acne scars and surgical scars.
The Fraxel DUAL system is an unsurpassed breakthrough skin resurfacing technology that renews skin and helps maintain skin's youthful glow despite a person's age or skin color, with minimal discomfort and downtime. It is a fractional laser system that safely penetrates the skin down to the dermis without disrupting the skin's protective outer barrier, thus maximizing safety and recovery time. The result is natural stimulation of new collagen creation, which exists naturally in the dermis to provide structural support and gradually breaks down throughout the aging process weakening the skin, leading to fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV