Outlook (forward-looking statement)
For the year ending November 30, 2013, IHS expects:
- All-in revenue in a range of $1.660 billion to $1.730 billion, including an overall organic growth rate expected to be between 5-7 percent at the midpoint;
- All-in adjusted EBITDA in a range of $540 million to $582 million; and
- Adjusted EPS between $4.23 and $4.43 per diluted share.
The above outlook assumes no adjustment for the R.L. Polk & Co. acquisition announced on June 9, 2013. This guidance also assumes no further currency movements, acquisitions, divestitures, pension mark-to-market adjustments or unanticipated events. See discussion of non-GAAP financial measures at the end of this release.
As previously announced, IHS will hold a conference call to discuss second quarter 2013 results on June 20, 2013, at 8:00 a.m. EDT. The conference call will be simultaneously webcast on the company’s website: www.ihs.com.Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures Non-GAAP results are presented only as a supplement to the financial statements based on U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). The non-GAAP financial information is provided to enhance the reader’s understanding of our financial performance, but no non-GAAP measure should be considered in isolation or as a substitute for financial measures calculated in accordance with GAAP. Reconciliations of the most directly comparable GAAP measures to non-GAAP measures, such as adjusted EBITDA, adjusted earnings per diluted share, and free cash flow are provided within the schedules attached to this release. EBITDA is defined as net income plus or minus net interest, plus provision for income taxes, depreciation and amortization. Adjusted EBITDA further excludes primarily non-cash items and other items that management does not consider to be useful in assessing our operating performance (e.g., stock-based compensation expense, acquisition-related costs, restructuring charges, income or loss from discontinued operations, pension settlement and mark-to-market adjustments, and gain or loss on sale of assets). Adjusted earnings per diluted share exclude similar items as Adjusted EBITDA. None of these non-GAAP financial measures are recognized terms under GAAP and do not purport to be an alternative to net income as an indicator of operating performance or any other GAAP measure.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV