Fourth-coolest 2013 under $18,000: Honda Fit
Fair purchase price: $15,461
This tiny hatchback offers big volumes of passenger and cargo space, not to mention lots of fun on the roadway.
"The Fit is probably the most fun to drive of all the cars in its class," Nerad says.The 117-horsepower Honda (HMC) also boasts good fuel efficiency (28 mpg/city and 35 mpg/highway when outfitted with automatic transmission), a cool interior and fold-flat rear seats that give the car a generous 57.3 cubic inches of cargo space. That's more than you'll find in larger rivals such as the Nissan (NSANY) Versa. "The Fit is very versatile," Nerad says. "The seats fold down in lots of different ways and you can actually get a lot of stuff into it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV