Fifth-coolest 2013 under $18,000: Dodge Dart
Fair purchase price: $15,957
Famous during the 1960s and '70s as an inexpensive-but-reliable small car, the Dodge Dart has returned to Chrysler's lineup for the first time in 37 years as a sporty sedan.
Based on the Alfa Romeo Giulietta (an Italian car built by Chrysler parent Fiat), the Dart combines a modest price with good looks, impressive road performance and up to 27 mpg/city and 39 mpg/highway."With its European roots, the Dart is a car that has a significant amount of fun attached to it," Nerad says. The sedan also offers lots of cool standard and available features. For instance, base Darts comes with a 160-horsepower naturally aspired engine, but both turbocharged and 184-horsepower versions of the model are or will soon be available.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV