VERNON, Calif., June 19, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Exide Technologies today issued the following statement concerning Superior Court Judge Luis A. Lavin's order permitting Exide Technologies to resume operations at its Vernon, California plant. A further hearing at which the Court will decide whether to issue a preliminary injunction will be held on July 2, 2013:
"We are pleased with the Judge's recent decision that allows us to re-open our Vernon plant. We will continue to implement our planned storm water and air quality control improvements. Working constructively with the community, Exide intends to continue running a premier facility in compliance with regulatory standards.
"The Judge's decision has allowed us to call 60 of our employees back to work. Returning employees will be provided refresher safety training. We are eager to start recycling batteries again and providing this important environmental service to California."
CONTACT: Media Contacts: Susan Jaramillo Exide Technologies 203/699-9133 860/922-1279 firstname.lastname@example.org Brenda Adrian Sitrick and Company 212-573-6100 Brenda_Adrian@sitrick.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV