Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq:SCHN) was named “Scrap Company of the Year” at the American Metal Market’s (AMM) 2013 Awards for Steel Excellence fourth annual industry awards ceremony in New York City.
“Schnitzer is proud to be recognized by AMM as the metals recycling industry leader,” said Tamara Lundgren, President and CEO of Schnitzer. “Our employees work hard every day to contribute to the success, safety and sustainability of our Company and we are pleased to earn this recognition, particularly during one of the most challenging years in a decade for the metals recycling industry.”
Schnitzer’s recognition as AMM’s 2013 Scrap Company of the Year highlights the strength and resiliency of its business model as well as the strong customer relationships built from its reputation for quality and service. This is the second time Schnitzer has received this award. Schnitzer remains committed to industry leadership in environmental stewardship, operational excellence, and customer satisfaction.
About Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc.Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. is one of the largest manufacturers and exporters of recycled ferrous metal products in the United States with 58 operating facilities located in 14 states, Puerto Rico and Western Canada. The business has seven deep water export facilities located on both the East and West Coasts and in Hawaii and Puerto Rico. The Company’s integrated operating platform also includes its auto parts and steel manufacturing businesses. The Company’s auto parts business sells used auto parts through its 61 self-service facilities located in 16 states and Western Canada. With an effective annual production capacity of approximately 800,000 tons, the Company’s steel manufacturing business produces finished steel products, including rebar, wire rod and other specialty products. The Company commenced its 107 th year of operations in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV