RICHMOND, BC, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Catalyst Paper (TSX: CYT) today announced the appointment of Leslie Lederer, a director and chairman of the company as the interim president and chief executive officer. The appointment takes effect on Kevin J. Clarke's departure as Catalyst CEO and board member at the end of June.
Mr. Lederer is a former industry executive with Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation with extensive experience in the industry, and a member of the Illinois Bar.
Mr. Clarke's resignation was announced in April and the Board initiated an executive search for his successor at that time. Mr. Clarke is leaving the company and the board to return to his home in the state of New York where his family resides.
Mr. Lederer's appointment will enable the Board to complete the executive search in due course and will facilitate a seamless transition once a new chief executive officer is selected.Catalyst Paper manufactures diverse specialty mechanical printing papers, newsprint and pulp. Its customers include retailers, publishers and commercial printers in North America, Latin America, the Pacific Rim and Europe. With three mills, located in British Columbia, Catalyst has a combined annual production capacity of 1.5 million tonnes. The company is headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada and is ranked by Corporate Knights Inc. as one of the 50 Best Corporate Citizens in Canada. SOURCE Catalyst Paper Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV