SAN FRANCISCO, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG) today announced the election of Dick Kelly, retired Chairman and CEO of Xcel Energy, to its Board of Directors and to the Board of Directors of its subsidiary, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), effective today.
"Dick brings to us more than 40 years of diverse industry experience and leadership, with special expertise in clean energy, including nuclear and renewable power," said Tony Earley, Chairman, CEO and President of PG&E Corporation. "We are fortunate to have the benefit of his insights as we work hard to win the trust and loyalty of our customers and stakeholders through superior service and delivering on our promises."
"I look forward to helping PG&E achieve its mission of becoming the safest, most reliable gas and electric utility in the country," said Kelly. "I am honored to join such a talented and accomplished set of directors and executives."
Until September 2011, Kelly served as Chairman and CEO of Xcel Energy, a Minneapolis-based holding company serving 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers in eight states. Previously he held positions as Chief Financial Officer and President of the company.Kelly began working in the industry at Public Service Company of Colorado, serving in various finance-related positions. He became Chief Financial Officer of New Century Energies, which was formed from a merger of Public Service Company of Colorado and Southwestern Public Service Company. His later leadership positions followed the merger of New Century Energies and Northern States Power Company to form Xcel Energy. Among other industry positions, Kelly was 2011 Chairman of the Edison Electric Institute, a board member of the Electric Power Research Institute and the Nuclear Energy Institute, and a member of the National Advisory Council of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV