ACE Limited announced today the appointment of Joseph Wayland as General Counsel. Effective July 8, 2013, Mr. Wayland will be responsible for the company’s global legal affairs including providing counsel on a full range of legal and business issues to the CEO, senior management team and board of directors, as well as leading the legal organization that supports the company’s business operations globally. Reporting to Evan G. Greenberg, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of ACE Limited, Mr. Wayland succeeds Robert Cusumano, who as previously announced is leaving the company to pursue other interests.
Joseph Wayland, General Counsel, ACE Limited (Photo: Business Wire)
Mr. Wayland joins ACE from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, where he worked from 1988 and became a partner in 1994. From 2010 to 2012, Mr. Wayland served with the United States Department of Justice, first as Deputy Assistant Attorney General responsible for litigation for the Antitrust Division and then as the Acting Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Division.
“I am delighted to welcome Joe to ACE,” said Mr. Greenberg. “Joe has a strong background and impressive record of accomplishment in the legal field. His extensive experience in both the private and public sectors includes work on large, complex commercial matters and serving as lead trial and appellate counsel on a number of landmark cases. Joe’s counsel and leadership will be critical to helping us achieve our growth strategies around the world.
“At this time, I also want to thank Bob Cusumano, who has served with distinction as ACE’s general counsel for the last eight years. Bob has contributed significantly to the company and built a first-class legal organization for our company. I want to wish him and his family all the best for the future.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV