ABM (NYSE:ABM) , a leading provider of facility solutions, today released its Corporate Sustainability Report for 2012, providing detailed information on its sustainability practices for three consecutive years. The comprehensive report is based on the disclosure guidelines provided by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), the world’s most widely used framework for sustainability reporting, and serving as the Communication on Progress (COP) and continued support of the UN Global Compact.
The report, covering fiscal year 2012, details ABM’s commitments and practices with regard to its corporate social responsibilities, both inside the Company and at the level of the products and services that ABM’s service lines provide to clients. ABM’s participation in the GRI reporting standard reflects the Company’s continued and ongoing commitment to driving the sustainable development of the economy, society and the environment. The report can be found on our website here and readers may provide comments, questions or concerns at email@example.com.
“As a responsible corporate citizen, ABM is fully committed to conducting all of our business activities in a manner so as to ensure a sustainable future for our stakeholders and the community at large,” said Henrik Slipsager, president and chief executive officer, ABM. “We continue to evolve as an organization across our service lines to meet market demands, and Corporate Sustainability plays a key role in how we operate.”
The ABM Corporate Sustainability Report for 2012ABM’s 2012 report outlines each aspect of sustainability within the Company’s diverse service offerings. ABM submitted the report for third party assessment to The Centre for Sustainability and Excellence (CSE), and subsequently disclosed additional GRI indicators as compared to 2011. CSE’s evaluation can be found in the last few pages of the report. Notable highlights in this year’s report include:
- ABM’s GreenCare ® Program surpassed 360 million square feet of building space serviced in 2012. The program, which began in 2006, was servicing 351 LEED Certified buildings as of October 31, 2012.
- The acquisitions of Air Serv, HHA Services and Calvert Jones in calendar year 2012 underscored ABM’s commitment to growing its services in key vertical markets.
- Further emphasizing a commitment to providing dependable, advanced energy-related services, ABM’s Bundled Energy Solutions program landed numerous key contracts, including Wright State University (WSU) that is expected to lower the school’s energy consumption by 40% and save WSU $35.8 million in energy costs over the next 15 years. In 2012, ABM reduced its Bundled Energy Solutions clients’ energy use by 28.6 percent and saved them over $3 million in energy costs. Additionally, ABM’s energy business continued to solidify its leadership position in the electric vehicle (EV) installation and maintenance market, landing key contracts with the City of Oakland and at AT&T Park in San Francisco.
- How ABM is managing its risks in relation to corporate social responsibilities, including risks/opportunities for ABM due to potential climate change regulation.
- ABM’s community support of March of Dimes, along with the Company’s support of local charities around the country.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV