NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Cisco (CSCO) has unveiled more details of the "Internet of Everything", demonstrating how it can generate additional revenue over the next decade by having many more devices connected to the grid.
The networking giant noted there's the potential for companies to generate as much as $14.4 trillion in revenue over the next decade (2013-2022), as more devices become connected to the grid. Companies are expected to generate at least $631 billion in profits this year (there's an additional $544 billion in value that's left on the table for 2013), so the far majority of the opportunity lies in the years ahead.
Some 21 different use cases make up that $14.4 trillion, including asset utilization ($2.5 trillion), employee productivity ($2.5 trillion), supply chain/logistics efficiency ($2.7 trillion), improved customer experience ($3.7 trillion), and innovation ($3 trillion).
Here's the entire 16 slide presentation, showcasing where Cisco sees opportunity for itself, as well as the technology sector as a whole.Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV