- Haemonetics has selected Sanmina Corporation (NASDAQ: SANM) for the future production of medical devices currently manufactured in Braintree, Massachusetts. Sanmina is a leading global provider of integrated manufacturing solutions, components, products and repair, logistics and after-market services for the medical industry. Their combination of advanced technologies, extensive manufacturing expertise and economies of scale will enable Sanmina to meet the specialized needs of Haemonetics in a cost-effective manner.
- A location in Penang, Malaysia has been selected for the construction of an Asian manufacturing facility. This location offers Haemonetics proximity to customers in its fastest growing markets and to a number of key suppliers and medical equipment manufacturers, including key Sanmina Corporation facilities. Additionally, this location will afford Haemonetics ready access to a technically skilled and educated workforce, as well as an advantageous cost position in a stable economy.
- The Company announced plans to cease production operations at its manufacturing facility in Ascoli-Piceno, Italy during the current fiscal year 2014. Production of whole blood disposables sets, currently produced in Ascoli-Piceno, will be transferred to Haemonetics' manufacturing facilities in Tijuana, Mexico and Covina, California.
Haemonetics Announces Next Steps In Manufacturing Transformation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts