BRAINTREE, Mass., June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Haemonetics Corporation (NYSE: HAE) today announced several important developments in the pursuit of its previously announced manufacturing transformation.
- Haemonetics has selected Sanmina Corporation (NASDAQ: SANM) for the future production of medical devices currently manufactured in Braintree, Massachusetts. Sanmina is a leading global provider of integrated manufacturing solutions, components, products and repair, logistics and after-market services for the medical industry. Their combination of advanced technologies, extensive manufacturing expertise and economies of scale will enable Sanmina to meet the specialized needs of Haemonetics in a cost-effective manner.
- A location in Penang, Malaysia has been selected for the construction of an Asian manufacturing facility. This location offers Haemonetics proximity to customers in its fastest growing markets and to a number of key suppliers and medical equipment manufacturers, including key Sanmina Corporation facilities. Additionally, this location will afford Haemonetics ready access to a technically skilled and educated workforce, as well as an advantageous cost position in a stable economy.
- The Company announced plans to cease production operations at its manufacturing facility in Ascoli-Piceno, Italy during the current fiscal year 2014. Production of whole blood disposables sets, currently produced in Ascoli-Piceno, will be transferred to Haemonetics' manufacturing facilities in Tijuana, Mexico and Covina, California.
Brian Concannon, President and CEO, commented: "Sanmina provides comprehensive manufacturing services to the medical industry at a scale that offers leading technology and economic advantages to our company, with quality and compliance at levels we require. The selection of Penang, Malaysia for our own manufacturing site fits well with Sanmina's capabilities there and brings our own production close to the emerging markets where much of our revenue growth is being generated. Consolidation of our whole-blood manufacturing in Tijuana and Covina will position us well for future growth. Our customers will continue to be very well served by these additional advances of our capabilities."
Combined integration costs and Value Creation & Capture ("VCC") investments, expenditures, write-offs and savings amounts were previously disclosed in a May 1 press release and detailed at the company's May 16 annual Investor Day event. Such amounts have been updated to include the cessation of production operations in Ascoli-Piceno, Italy and are summarized in a schedule posted to the Company's Investor Relations website at the link which follows: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9MTkwNDAyfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1Since cash transformation costs and asset write-offs are excluded from the Company's adjusted earnings and adjusted earnings per share, and since free cash flows are considered before transformation costs, these additional expenditures and costs have no impact upon the company's previously indicated fiscal 2014 guidance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV