1. As of noon trading, Western Union Company ( WU) is down $0.12 (-0.7%) to $17.00 on light volume Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Western Union Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.00-$17.23 after having opened the day at $17.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.13. The Western Union Company provides money movement and payment services worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Consumer-to-Consumer, Consumer-to-Business, and Business Solutions. The Consumer-to-Consumer segment offers cash money transfer services involving walk-in agent locations. Western Union Company has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Western Union Company a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Western Union Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Western Union Company Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the diversified services industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the diversified services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts