1. As of noon trading, BP ( BP) is down $0.42 (-1.0%) to $42.87 on average volume Thus far, 2.6 million shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $42.81-$43.02 after having opened the day at $42.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.29. BP p.l.c. provides fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to engines, and petrochemicals products. BP has a market cap of $137.5 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 432.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate BP a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BP as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Get the full BP Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the basic materials sector could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the basic materials sector could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts