1. As of noon trading, EMC Corporation ( EMC) is up $0.26 (1.02) to $25.25 on light volume Thus far, 8.5 million shares of EMC Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $24.96-$25.39 after having opened the day at $24.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.99. EMC Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, develops, delivers, and supports information infrastructure and virtual infrastructure technologies, solutions, and services. EMC Corporation has a market cap of $52.2 billion and is part of the computer hardware industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 26 analysts that rate EMC Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates EMC Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full EMC Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts