2. As of noon trading, Joy Global ( JOY) is up $0.63 (1.19) to $53.67 on light volume Thus far, 749,692 shares of Joy Global exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.02-$53.96 after having opened the day at $53.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.04. Joy Global Inc. engages in the manufacture and servicing of mining equipment for the extraction of coal, copper, iron ore, oil sands, and other minerals. It operates in two segments, Underground Mining Machinery and Surface Mining Equipment. Joy Global has a market cap of $5.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Joy Global a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Joy Global as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full Joy Global Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts