2. As of noon trading, Celanese Corporation ( CE) is up $0.50 (1.05) to $48.13 on light volume Thus far, 250,094 shares of Celanese Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.51-$48.24 after having opened the day at $47.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.63. Celanese Corporation engages in manufacture and sale of value-added chemicals, thermoplastic polymers, and other chemical-based products. The company operates in four segments: Advanced Engineered Materials, Consumer Specialties, Industrial Specialties, and Acetyl Intermediates. Celanese Corporation has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Celanese Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Celanese Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Celanese Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts