3. As of noon trading, Airgas ( ARG) is up $0.59 (0.61) to $96.68 on average volume Thus far, 258,720 shares of Airgas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 459,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $96.43-$97.68 after having opened the day at $96.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $96.09. Airgas, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the distribution of industrial, medical, and specialty gases in the United States. Airgas has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.1, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Airgas a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Airgas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins, increase in stock price during the past year and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Airgas Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts