5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks: MAA, MBT, PSE, SNH, RDS.A
Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners (NYSE: PSE) shares currently have a dividend yield of 5.80%. Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners L.P. owns, acquires, explores, and develops oil and gas properties in the United States. It produces oil, natural gas liquids, and gas in onshore Texas and eight counties in the southeast region of New Mexico. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.56. The average volume for Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners has been 344,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are up 60.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 26.31% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.44% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, PSE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 26.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $13.57 million to $17.17 million.
- The gross profit margin for PIONEER SOUTHWEST ENERGY -LP is rather high; currently it is at 61.70%. Regardless of PSE's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PSE's net profit margin of 36.02% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 6.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, PIONEER SOUTHWEST ENERGY -LP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Pioneer Southwest Energy Partners Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV