BreitBurn Energy Partners (NASDAQ: BBEP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 10.40%. BreitBurn Energy Partners L.P. engages in the acquisition, exploitation, and development of oil and gas properties in the United States. The average volume for BreitBurn Energy Partners has been 565,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. BreitBurn Energy Partners has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the energy industry. Shares are down 0.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates BreitBurn Energy Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BBEP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 63.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 27.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$49.97 million to -$36.30 million.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $58.85 million or 17.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 17.45%, BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS LP is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.53%.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, BREITBURN ENERGY PARTNERS LP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full BreitBurn Energy Partners Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts