June 19, 2013
today announced that its
practice has grown to nearly 1,600 professionals, a 12 percent increase, reflecting the firm's depth and breadth of skilled professionals focused on assisting clients with strategic merger and acquisition (M&A) and capital raising efforts.
"As businesses seek to capitalize on the current economic climate and succeed in a highly competitive deal environment, we continue to invest in our Deals team to help clients make better business decisions on their transactions and help them focus on the right deals at the right time," said
, PwC's U.S. Deals Leader. "Our Deals business has continued to grow amid the restrained M&A environment, showcasing dealmakers' need for support across industries in helping them with strategic acquisition, divestiture and capital raising objectives."
Seven new experienced professionals have joined PwC's Deals practice across various specialty areas including
Business Recovery Services
- Steve Shanker, Partner, Central Region Valuations Leader, Chicago
- John Bittner, Partner, Business Recovery Services, Dallas
- Gabe Gartner, Principal, M&A Tax, San Jose
- Todd McArthur, Principal, M&A Tax, Washington, D.C.
- Bill Fasel, Managing Director, Business Recovery Services, Chicago
- Khaled Haram, Managing Director, M&A Advisory, New York
- Joe Nuzzolo, Managing Director, Capital Markets, New York
PwC has also admitted 17 Deals professionals into the firm's partnership and promoted four managing directors, representing the firm's continued focus on strengthening the team with experienced professionals who deliver high quality services to both corporate and private equity clients across the entire deal process. Globally, there are more than 13,000 Deals professionals across the PwC network.