NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- If the market goes down, what stocks should you buy? TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg discussed this with Matt Schreiber, president of WBI Funds, on Wednesday.
Schreiber expects to see a pullback in equities at some time in the next couple of months. Generally stocks pull back roughly 10% each year, he said. May's market action showed signs of potential weakness ahead for the summer months.
If a pullback does occur, Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ) remains one of Schreiber's favorites thanks to recent earnings and revenue strength over the previous year.
Earnings per share increased 67% over the past 12 months, while revenues are up 20%. With a 2.7% dividend yield, he feels as though the valuation is fair for buyers.Despite Foot Locker's (FL) underwhelming year-to-date performance, Schreiber stresses the valuation is low and the fundamentals are strong. With double-digit earnings growth and the upcoming back-to-school season only a few months away, he believes Foot Locker could have a strong finish to 2013. Finally, there's Digital Realty Trust (DLR), which is at the lower end of its 52-week range. While the stock has seen a lot of challenges from competitors and real estate investment trusts in general have struggled lately, Schreiber really likes the fundamentals of the company, citing its "phenomenal" earnings and revenue. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @traderboy23
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV