DALLAS, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Match.com is playing for keeps! Today, the website is kicking off a 25 market Stir Game Night series by partnering with seven board game manufacturers to provide singles with a combination of icebreakers and party games that are less about strategy and competition and more about laughing and having fun together. Whether it's a game of Last Word, Bananagrams, or Spontuneous , players just may "win" someone's heart!
Board games are back in a big way, and with Stir Game Nights, Match.com is providing the framework for making fun, easy connections — encouraging singles to take some time out, unplug, and engage with each other through gameplay.
" Match.com believes that connecting with new people should be fun," said Luke Zaientz, VP of Events at Match.com. "Over the last year, we've seen it happen time and time again at our Stir events — whether it's during a game of kickball, trivia, Ping-Pong or at our first wildly successful game night. We're excited to help our members connect over some of the best board games around, from well-known titles to the industry's newest hidden gems."These live events will take place at bars and restaurants in select cities throughout the summer and fall. To ease any apprehension, game tables will be set up in advance and include easy-to-read game instruction cards, so singles won't have to fumble around with lengthy, confusing directions. At the Game Night Mashups, Match.com facilitators will lead singles through the games. Players will rotate from table to table between rounds, giving everyone a chance to mix and mingle while they play up to seven different games. At Game Night Happy Hours, singles will be provided with a selection of games to play on their own as icebreakers, while connecting with other singles. The full list of participating games includes:
- Bananagrams - Bananagrams, Zip-It
- Buffalo Games - Last Word, Likewise!, Chronology, Gotcha!
- Endless Games - Name 5, Oddly Obvious
- Blue Orange Games - Spot It!
- Spontuneous Games - Spontuneous
- Wiggity Bang Games - Open Up
- Marbles the Brain Store - Touchy Feely, Splickety Lit, Mind Your Marbles
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV