Millennial Media (NYSE:MM), the leading independent mobile advertising and data platform, today announced a suite of new advertising products for marketers to harness the power of mobile video on smartphones and tablets. Advertisers can now add customizable features to their video that let consumers engage with the content in ways not possible in any other medium.
“When you combine the rich storytelling of video with the interaction and engagement of mobile, the result is a powerful branding experience that really resonates with consumers,” said Marcus Startzel, Chief Revenue Officer, Millennial Media. “We’ve heard from our key brand partners that there is a desire to go beyond simply repurposing video from other channels, so we built these new products so brands can strategically optimize their video content for mobile.”
Millennial Media’s new Video Advertising Solutions include nine different products and are designed for advertisers in all industries. Examples of the new products include:
- Video SYNC – The first ad unit of its kind, advertisers can wrap rich media around the video player and sync different animations with specific moments of the video to highlight and identify key messaging moments. For example, a film trailer could play, and at the introduction of each new character, a rich media animation would appear highlighting the actor or actress.
- Video TOGGLE – Optimized for tablets, a large video is surrounded by three additional videos underneath, with the option to toggle which video is highlighted. The ad unit offers brands the ability to drive extended and additional viewing, and present multiple messaging and topic options.
- Video TICKER – This ad unit allows marketers to display dynamically updated, time-specific information, such as sports scores, movie times, or Twitter feeds, directly into their video ad.
The new products were designed to naturally fit into the consumer app experience, and the units were built to leverage the different tablet and smartphone canvases. All of the new ad units have orientation detection, where the ad will automatically identify if the tablet or phone is in landscape or portrait mode, and lock the orientation for the duration of the ad. This enables advertisers to leverage the accelerometer without fear that a consumer will accidentally turn their unit too far and change the ad, and ensures developers that video ads will play correctly, no matter how their app is formatted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV