- Employees work to further operationalize sustainability in the company by establishing the Sustainability Strategy Council, which is made up of cross-functional leadership providing guidance and direction on the company's sustainability goals.
- A materiality analysis matrix which helps define the issues that are important to stakeholders and that the company can positively impact around the world.
- Recognition of our employees who best exemplify the company's values and commitment to sustainable agriculture through the Sustainable Yield Pledge Awards.
- Progress on our three-fold sustainable agriculture goal: produce more, conserve more and improving lives.
- Progress on five of our signature partnerships: Monsanto's Beachell-Borlaug International Scholars Program, Mississippi River Watershed Partnership, Water Efficient Maize for Africa, Brazilian partnership with Conservation International, and Project SHARE (Sustainable Harvest – Agriculture, Resources, Environment) in India.
- The company's commitment to work with farmers to address the challenges associated with water, offering sustainable solutions to help manage water demands while meeting farmers' needs and improving yields.
- Expansion of our company's R&D pipeline to include agricultural biologicals, a category of sustainable crop protection solutions made from materials found in nature.
- Examples of Monsanto's philanthropic arm working to substantially and meaningfully improve the lives of people around the world.
Monsanto Company Releases 2012 Sustainability Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts