Editor's note: Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show on Tuesday that Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) and Potash (POT) are two ugly ducklings set to become beautiful swans. Here's another stock with those same characteristics.
Now it has made almost all of that loss back, but in technology terms it is still ridiculously undervalued.
You're paying less than $1 for every $2 in HP sales, in an industry where the reverse ratio is considered pretty low. Oracle (ORCL), with barely one-third of HP's sales, is still worth more than three times as much to shareholders.Although CEO Meg Whitman told analysts on her latest earnings call that you can "feel the turnaround," as VentureBeat wrote, it's hard to see that in the numbers. Profits are finally there, but they are anemic, and sales are continuing their slow slide down. continue to plummet and that Bradley's replacement, Don Weisler, had been running that same Asia-Pacific sales group before stepping into his new job, spending most of his career with Lenovo and Acer. Then there's the cloud. announced last year, is starting to take some big wins, such as Dreamworks, as Zacks notes, but not all the wins it's announcing are actually wins. At a recent HP Discover event in Las Vegas, for instance, software chief Bill Veght loudly claimed Workday (WKDY) as a customer. But SiliconAngle learned a few days later that Workday company remained tied to Amazon (AMZN) and its public cloud. The NSA PRISM scandal has also driven many cloud customers underground, writes GigaOm research analyst David Linthicum, causing European customers to resist any contact with American cloud companies. HP's idea of "Converged Cloud" is that companies would have the ability to integrate public clouds like Amazon Web Services with their own private clouds, which HP is building with open-source OpenStack. But open-source suddenly looks very bad if the NSA has a key.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV