Public Storage ( NYSE:PSA) David Doll, Senior Vice President, announced the opening of Public Storage’s largest self-storage facility in Bronx, New York. The 12-story facility, located at 385 Gerard Avenue (at East 144th Street), will have more than 4,000 units when completed and is Public Storage’s 2,079 th location.
The new facility has been designed specifically for the local community with a large variety of sizes to suit the needs and demands of customers from Manhattan to Harlem and the Bronx. The property includes free parking and off-street loading docks for large moving vans.
“Growing demand for smaller sized units at our other locations throughout greater NYC has led us to build this facility to meet the specific needs of local customers,” said David Doll. “Not only does our Gerard facility offer the right kind of storage at the right price, its easy access and free parking make it a convenient choice for the 687,000 New Yorkers who live within two miles of the property.”
Public Storage has invested millions of dollars through local construction trades to renovate and retrofit the building to its high standards that include new roofs, mechanical systems, new high-speed freight elevators and insulated exterior panels. The building will also be energy efficient. The Gerard facility is part of the resurgence in the area with the Yankee Stadium and Bronx Terminal Market developments.Customers can reserve space online by visiting PublicStorage.com, or by calling 1-800-44-STORE. Grand opening promotions include $1 for the first month’s rent along with heavily discounted monthly rental rates. Storage features include restricted access, interior door lock systems and remote surveillance monitoring after hours.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV