June 19, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Biotechnology industry pioneer
(NASDAQ: AMGN), is teaming up with financial software provider
and enterprise application software leader
(NYSE: SAP) for a webinar next week entitled
"No Account Left Behind!
Learn How Amgen Uses Solutions from BlackLine and SAP to Help Keep Its Account Reconciliations in Good Shape
The webinar, geared at finance, accounting, audit and compliance managers in mid- to large size organizations will focus on how finance and/or compliance executives can further ensure the integrity of their balance sheets – and ultimately financial reports – by implementing software, such as
BlackLine's SaaS-based Account Reconciliation solution
, to automate the traditionally manual, labor-intensive and spreadsheet-driven account reconciliation process.
, CPA, director of corporate accounting at Amgen, will present a case study on the ease of integration with SAP® solutions and key benefits the public biotech company has seen since using BlackLine.
The session is designed to inform customers, whether operating in an environment of only SAP solutions or applications from multiple vendors, how account reconciliation process optimization can help them achieve a quicker and more accurate financial close process. Gonzalez will highlight how Amgen uses solutions from BlackLine alongside SAP software to review and rate the quality of each reconciliation in order to better ensure the accuracy of the company's financials.
What: "No Account Left Behind! Learn How Amgen Uses Solutions from BlackLine and SAP to Help Keep Its Account Reconciliations in Good Shap
Wednesday, June 26
10 a.m. PDT
1 p.m. EDT
Attendees will learn best practices for optimizing the account reconciliation process, including how to
- Stefan Karl, chief solution expert, Finance Solutions, SAP AG
- Susan Parcells, CPA, director, Finance Transformation, BlackLine Systems
- Carlos Gonzalez, CPA, director, Corporate Accounting, Amgen
- Implement technology to gain visibility into and control over the status, progress, exceptions and risk points around the financial close
- Help ensure all accounts are being reconciled (including new accounts) and that the correct, most updated balances are being reconciled, all the time
- Review and rate each reconciliation on the quality and accuracy of its resulting balance
- Use standardized templates to help improve the quality and consistency of reconciliations
- Create automated workflow so tasks are assigned, prepared and reviewed by the right people at the right time
- Query real-time dashboards and reports to gain insight into specific reconciliations
- Use an online document repository for easy access to all supporting documents associated with reconciliations
- Import data directly from SAP solutions via a customized BlackLine Connector
To register, please go
BlackLine is an SAP software solution and technology partner in the
program. The company is also
a participant in SAP Store, the online e-commerce channel or "e-channel" for enterprise solutions and services from SAP and its partners designed to provide SAP customers with information on relevant, complementary technology solutions that are certified by SAP (such as the BlackLine solution).
BlackLine was named a 2011
SAP Pinnacle award
in the "
Software Solution Newcomer of the Year" category
SAP Pinnacle awards are presented annually to the "best and brightest" of the SAP partner ecosystem, recognizing partners that have excelled in developing and growing their partnership with SAP and driving customer success.
About BlackLine Systems
BlackLine Systems was the first to develop and offer a commercially available Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation solution. An experienced provider of software to companies from the Fortune 100 to beyond the Fortune 1,000, BlackLine provides quick-to-implement, scalable and easy-to-use applications that automate the entire financial close process to help improve financial controls for companies of all sizes. BlackLine software applications complement existing Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
BlackLine offers clients its enterprise-class software in a simple and secure OnDemand/SaaS platform. With a proven track record and a commitment to customer success, BlackLine seeks to reduce the burden the financial close places on accounting and finance professionals.