MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- OCZ achieved first-pass silicon success for its NAND flash Vector SSD with Synopsys' DesignWare DDR2/3-Lite PHY, Embedded Memories and STAR Memory System
- Met performance and time-to-market goals with IP integration and physical design assistance from Synopsys' experienced design consultants
- Reduced design iterations and accelerated tape-out schedule using Synopsys' Lynx Design System
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS), a global leader providing software, IP and services used to accelerate innovation in chips and electronic systems, today announced that OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (OCZ) has achieved first-pass silicon success for its NAND flash Vector SSD using Synopsys' DesignWare® DDR2/3-Lite PHY, Embedded Memories, STAR Memory System® solution and Professional Services. Choosing Synopsys technology and services enabled OCZ to accelerate the completion of their project, meet their performance requirements and achieve first-pass silicon success with a production-ready design.
Targeting the high-end consumer market, the OCZ Vector SSD was designed to deliver superior sustained performance through its new, high-performance Indilinx Barefoot 3 flash controller supporting the SATA-3 protocol. For OCZ's design team to effectively focus on developing the Barefoot 3 controller while meeting their broader design goals, they needed reliable, silicon-proven IP, an integrated design flow and design expertise to augment their own. OCZ selected Synopsys' high-performance and area-optimized DDR2/3 PHY, embedded SRAMs and integrated memory test and repair solution. To mitigate risks and accelerate the implementation process, OCZ deployed the Lynx Design System, an integrated RTL-to-GDSII block- and chip-level design environment with unique visualization capabilities for efficient design exploration and reporting of design status and trends. In addition, Synopsys' design consultants worked closely with OCZ's engineers throughout the implementation of their chip, delivering expertise and advanced methodologies in IP integration, physical design, and physical verification that enabled OCZ to complete their implementation in less than six months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts