The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE:EL) announced today the appointment of Michael O’Hare as Executive Vice President, Global Human Resources. Mr. O’Hare will report jointly to William P. Lauder, Executive Chairman, and Fabrizio Freda, President and Chief Executive Officer. He assumes his new position on September 30, 2013.
Mr. O’Hare joins the Estée Lauder Companies from the Netherlands-based Heineken N.V., a family-controlled public company, where for the last four years he served as Global Chief Human Resources Officer and a member of the executive committee. Working closely with Heineken’s board of directors, Mr. O’Hare led the company’s governance, compensation and talent development programs, establishing a top Human Resources (HR) function supporting Heineken’s more than 85,000 employees across 70 countries. Additionally, he helped integrate acquired operations across Latin and South America, Southeast Asia and Africa.
Previously, Mr. O’Hare spent 13 years at PepsiCo, where he held a variety of senior HR roles, culminating in the position of Chief Personnel Officer/Vice President for Asia Pacific. In this role, he oversaw all HR activities in the region, across more than 40 business units and joint ventures.
“I am very pleased to welcome Michael to the Estée Lauder Companies family. I am confident that his multi-faceted HR background will play an important role to help our Company continue to build, develop and grow our number one asset, our people,” Mr. Lauder said.“Michael is a highly seasoned HR executive with broad global experience and an exceptional track record in building teams in new and emerging markets,” Mr. Freda said. “His deep understanding of organizational alignment will be integral to the ongoing implementation of our corporate strategy, which is a key to our future success.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV