In a note on the company's Web site, Tesla said that it would be recalling cars manufactured between May 10, 2013 and June 8, 2013 because "the attachment strength of the mounting bracket for the left hand latch of the second row seat could be weaker than intended."
In addition to posting the recall on the Web site, CEO Elon Musk tweeted the recall as well.
This is the first recall Tesla has issued for the Model S, and the company noted there have not been any actual customer complaints of the issue, no injuries have been reported, and the regulatory agencies have not brought this to Tesla's attention.The owners that are affected will be contacted in the next few days. Tesla will pick the car up at the owner's convenience, and a loaner car will be provided if needed. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV