CALGARY, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Canadian Pacific (TSX: CP) (NYSE: CP) today announced it has launched a faster intermodal rail service between Toronto and Calgary to better serve customers in this key corridor. The new service offering cuts 20 hours from previous schedules.
"Customers are taking advantage of CP's faster transit times in major intermodal corridors, and given Calgary's importance as a Canadian distribution hub, improving this service is the next logical step," said Jane O'Hagan, CP's executive vice president and chief marketing officer. "We are helping our customers become more competitive in their own markets and offering previously unavailable options to business not currently shipping with CP."
O'Hagan added, "CP is focused on its commitment to faster, more reliable service for its customers. The improved schedule is made possible by pairing efficient train design at origin while leveraging a CP advantage; the shortest rail route between Toronto and Calgary."
The 20-hour service improvement means the 3,400 kilometre distance from Toronto to Calgary will now take 64 hours.Using similar practices last year, CP shortened schedules from Vancouver to Chicago and Vancouver to Toronto. Initiatives like these will continue to improve asset utilization while meeting customer demands for supply-chain improvements. About Canadian Pacific Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is a low-cost provider that is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific. SOURCE Canadian Pacific
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV