U.S. economic data continue to improve, albeit gradually. If the Fed continues with its easy policy, then cyclical stocks will benefit from both a strengthening economy and central bank support.
This pair is trading in a tight triangle pattern near its 52-week high. Technically this pair is primed to outperform the market as long as macroeconomic fundamentals stay in place.
If the market likes what Bernanke says, perceived riskier currencies will outperform, safe-havens such as the yen will weaken, and cyclical U.S. stocks will push higher.
At the time of publication the author had no position in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @AndrewSachais This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV