NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- With Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's testimony fast approaching, markets continue to look for an edge in figuring out what the Fed will do next.
Trading on Tuesday signaled that investors believe Bernanke will reiterate his commitment to helping the economy, which is bullish for riskier assets.
Since late May, global markets have questioned central bank commitment to aiding economies, which led to heightened volatility. Any form of clarity on Wednesday over continuing bond purchases will settle traders and should boost equities and commodity-linked currencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV