LE BOURGET, France, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Oman Air today announced an order for five Boeing Next-Generation 737-900ER airplanes at the 2013 Paris Air Show. The order, previously unidentified on the Boeing Orders & Deliveries website, is valued at $473 million at current list prices.
With this order, Oman Air becomes the first customer in the Arabian Gulf region to order 737-900ERs. Currently, the airline operates a fleet of 15 Boeing Next-Generation 737-800s and two 737-700s. With this new order, the airline now has a backlog of six 737-800s and five 737-900ERs. In addition, Oman Air has six Boeing 787-8s on order.
"The 737 is able to operate effectively in very hot climates and has proven itself with its dispatch reliability, ease of maintenance and efficient performance," said Wayne Pearce, chief executive officer, Oman Air. "These Next-Generation 737s will play a key role in supporting our efforts to strengthen and expand our network and boost tourism and business travel into Oman. The 737-900ER provides all the benefits of the Next-Generation 737 family, but with a higher seating capacity that gives us even better economics.""Oman Air's order expands our customer base for the 737-900ER. We are very proud of our long-standing relationship with the airline which began over 12 years ago. Over the past decade, Oman Air has expanded its operations and destination network considerably, and we are proud to be playing a role in the airline's vision of the future," said Marty Bentrott, vice president of Sales for Middle East, Russia and Central Asia. "The Next-Generation 737's record of unparalleled efficiency, reliability and passenger comfort make it the preferred airplane for airlines such as Oman." Contact: Jim ProulxBoeing Communications+1 206-766-1393 firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV