Wende Museum Collection Stirs Controversy At 55th Venice Biennale
Wende is a German word that means 'transformation/change' and is used to refer to the transition from eastern communism to western capitalism.
English Magic is on view in the British Pavilion until November 24, and then will travel to three museums in the UK during 2014. The British Pavilion is online at www.britishcouncil-venice.org.
The Wende Museum is an arts and education institution transcending the traditional boundaries between scholarly research, museum practice and community engagement. Since its grassroots beginnings in 2002, The Wende has grown into a singular humanities resource for cultural artifacts and personal histories from Cold War-era Eastern Europe and the Soviet Union. The Museum's collection serves as inspiration for its programming, often igniting unconventional collaborations with partner institutions, contemporary scholars and artists. From Taryn Simon, Thomas Demand, and Shepard Fairey, to Retna, Vitaly Komar, and Sam Durant, The Wende has partnered with cutting-edge artists to examine issues of the present by referencing artifacts from the past.
The Wende Museum is located at 5741 Buckingham Parkway in Culver City, California. The Museum is open on Fridays from 10am to 5pm, with tours at 11:30am and 2:00pm, and Mondays through Thursdays by appointment. Admission is free. In 2014, The Wende will move to the former Culver City Armory, tripling its exhibition galleries and providing excellent public access as part of a mile-long cultural corridor with numerous permanent public art installations, live music venues, theaters, and museums. www.wendemuseum.orgSOURCE The Wende Museum
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV