Unison Industries is developing an air cooled fuel cooler (ACFC) to address the growing need to cool aircraft fuel. More composite aircraft, efficient engines, and higher energy loads are making fuel less available for cooling purposes, and in some cases return-to-tank is not possible.
The Unison ACFC will utilize Integrated Fin Technology™ to cool fuel. The technology builds upon Unison’s thermal management experience using its advanced heat exchanger technology which is patented and patent pending.
Keith Campbell, general manager, Unison Mechanical Systems said, “The new Air Cooled Fuel Cooler work we are doing is very exciting. It will offer an option to aircraft and engine manufacturers that does not exist today and will facilitate continued use of fuel as a cooling medium for aircraft systems.”
Campbell added, “New composite wings can act as an insulator, not allowing fuel to cold soak as it has in the past. We also know that more efficient engines require less fuel and on-board electrical loads require more cooling than ever before. We look forward to development of the ACFC and the benefits we believe it will deliver to our customers.”Unison Industries new air cooled fuel cooler will be designed for fixed and rotary wing aircraft, and it is expected to have applications in civil and military markets. Unison Industries, LLC, is a leader in the design, manufacture and integration of electrical and mechanical components and systems for aircraft engines and airframes. Unison serves both original equipment manufacturers and aftermarket customers in commercial, military and general aviation markets. Unison's headquarters are in Cincinnati, OH, and it employs more than 4,000 people in fifteen manufacturing facilities and logistics centers worldwide. For more information, visit www.unisonaviation.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV