10 Most Bikeable U.S. Cities
9. Hoboken, N.J.
Bike score: 76.4
Percentage of bicycle commuters: 0.43%
Seriously, Hoboken? The same town in which landmark rock club Maxwell's just announced it was closing down because of the lack of parking?
Well, yes, and parking has a bunch to do with it. Biking down Washington Street isn't exactly the most bucolic or even relaxing experience, and the waterfront trails are already too packed with walkers and double-wide strollers to be considered legitimate thoroughfares. But even in a town a mile square where just about everyone works across the Hudson River in a city that isn't connected to Hoboken in any bikeable fashion, just getting to your chosen form of public transportation can warrant a good bike.The PATH train station, the NJ Transit train and the ferries across the river can be a hefty hike if you're all the way across town, but Hoboken's relatively flat terrain and simple grid street layout are more quickly navigated by bike than by cab or foot. We'd recommend strong locks and not biking down to Pier A Park until a weekend or holiday, but it's doable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV